Don’t Have Time? Try This 30 Minute Workout
Optimum Nutrition (ON) Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder - 5 lbs, 2.27 kg (Double Rich Chocolate)
Whether you have a job, university, or anything else, everyone can get extremely busy. It’s often during these busy times when working out becomes unfeasible. Exercise is very important for your fitness and health, there is no compromise on health. No time? no problem.
There are plenty of workouts out there that you can do if you’re out of time. It all depends on the intensity with which you work out. there is a saying that you can either work out hard or you can work out long, you can’t do both. When you’re pressed for time, the former works great.
The following workout focuses on your cardio, core, and legs, three of the most important areas to hit to improve your fitness. It’s only 30 minutes long so it won’t take up much of your time. The best part is that it involves no equipment, it’s completely bodyweight. Therefore, whether you have access to the gym or not, this workout can be done anywhere. It’s designed to get your heart rate up based on the principles of HIIT. In only 30 minutes, you’ll burn as much, if not more calories than any other workout.
In order to reduce the overall time of the workout, we have to reduce the resting time. This works great as HIIT also requires you to alternate between rest and work so we’ll do just that. The workout will be divided into two circuits, both 3 exercises long. Each exercise will be performed one after the other with NO rest.
Each exercise will be done for 30 seconds. Since there’s no rest in between exercises, as soon as the 30 seconds for the first exercise are up, you immediately switch to the next one for 30 seconds and so on. Once you complete all 3 exercises for a circuit, you’ve completed 1 round. After a round, you earn a 30-second rest. As soon as the resting time is over, you do the circuit again.
You have to do a total of 3 rounds for each circuit. Since we have 2 circuits in this workout, you have to do a total of 6 rounds. The second circuit follows the same set of rules described above for circuit 1.
Before you start the workout, take 5 minutes to warm up. A warm-up is essential to get the blood flowing in your muscles, especially if it’s cold where you are. Working out without warming up can be very dangerous as it can lead to injury. You can’t work out if you’re injured! Take 5 minutes, jog in-place at a moderate pace, do some stretching exercises and then you’re ready for the main workout.
Exercise 1: Jumping Jacks
• Make sure your posture is correct. keep your chest out, shoulder blades down and back.
• Make sure you’re going wide with your jumps for maximal effort.
• Bring your arms to the top as if you’re trying to clap above your head.
• Do the exercise at a fast pace, you only have 30 seconds.
Exercise 2: Regular Squat
• Make sure you maintain proper posture.
• Slowly extend your hips back and keep your back straight when coming down.
• Knees should NOT cross the toes.
• Hold for a second at the bottom and come up.
Exercise 3: Regular Plank
• Don’t go too down nor go too up.
• Keep your core and glutes tight.
• Keep your back straight and look forward.
Once you’re done, rest for 30 seconds and move to circuit 2.
Exercise 1: Jumping High-Knees
• Bring your knees up as high as possible.
• Try to maintain a high pace throughout.
Exercise 2: Regular crunches
• Keep your neck straight.
• Come up as high as you can.
• Keep your core tight.
Exercise 3: Push-ups
• Maintain proper posture and keep your back straight.
• Keep your core tight and arms at shoulder length.
• If you can’t perform the exercise, do them on your knees.