Yoghurt Is A Complete Superfood, It Boosts Gut Health And Weight Loss Efforts
Optimum Nutrition (ON) Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder - 5 lbs, 2.27 kg (Double Rich Chocolate)
Yoghurt is a complete superfood and needs to be a part of your healthy diet. Not only is it versatile, it is also full of health benefits. It is a probiotic and has detoxifying properties which makes it great for weight loss. And it is also good for your skin. It is loaded with good bacteria which can smoothen your digestion and when combined with vegetables like broccoli, it makes for a healthy combo that can even protect you from colorectal cancer and tumours.
Here are 5 benefits of yoghurt:
* Yoghurt is rich in zinc and has anti-inflammatory properties. So, it can help relieve sunburn and restore your skin. All you need to do is to leave it on the skin for half an hour and then wash it off. Yoghurt can also help you get rid of acne.
* If you are suffering from hairfall, eating yoghurt will nourish your hair follicles thanks to its content of vitamin B5 and D. Applying it on the scalp also helps condition your hair and prevent hairfall.
* It boosts digestion and can reduce the effect of diarrhoea and bloating. It also helps healthy bacteria to flourish in your gut which improves the gastrointestinal system. A 2018 study shows that good bacteria, or microbiota, interact with the epithelial cells lining the gut and cells of the immune system to help balance the immune responses and protect the gut from unwanted inflammation.
* Yoghurt is also rich in calcium which makes it excellent for strengthening your bones. It can even be a treatment for osteoporosis. A 2017 study shows that increased yoghurt consumption was associated with a higher hip bone density and a significantly reduced risk of osteoporosis in older women and men.
* Yoghurt increases the absorption of trace minerals such as magnesium, zinc, and selenium, and boosts your immune system. Studies have shown that prebiotics can improve sleep and protect against the negative effects of stress, which are important to maintain a strong immune system and keep viruses at bay.