You girls have been asking me for a protein pancakes recipe for so long, so this is one I’ve put together for you! Whilst I don’t personally consume any added protein in my diet, I still like to make these and I just don’t add any protein powder. This is completely a personal choice and up to you to decide! Either way they are super tasty and heathy! 😉
This makes 2 serves.
½ cup rolled oats
2 scoops of chocolate flavoured protein powder
1 tbsp chia seeds
½ tsp baking powder
2 eggs, lightly beaten
¼ cup low-fat milk, or alternative milk, if desired
1. Place the oats, protein powder, chia seeds and baking powder into a blender or food processor and blend until the mix resembles flour.
2. Mash the banana in a medium bowl. Add the beaten eggs and milk and stir until well combined.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Try not to over mix at this stage.
4. Heat a large non-stick fry pan over medium heat and lightly spray with cooking spray.
5. Pour spoonfuls of the batter into the pan and cook for about 2-3 minutes until some bubbles appear on the surface. Carefully flip the pancake and cook for another 2-3 minutes until the pancake is golden brown.
6. Transfer the cooked pancakes to a serving plate and cover loosely to keep warm, while you cook the remaining mixture.
7. Serve the banana and chocolate protein pancakes with extra sliced bananas, a scattering of blueberries and a drizzle of pure maple syrup. Enjoy!